Looking forward to 2020!
(Pictured left to right: Jessica Speers, Tessa Boehm & Kathryn Cowle)
So, we got pretty and took our first profesh headshots as the founders of Faid! To celebrate our journey, we thought we’d update you on what’s been happening and what we’re hoping to make happen…
The first 10 weeks…
...and Tessa, Kathryn and I are finally starting to feel normal again. I think we’ve almost gotten all of the paint out of our hair too – win! Seriously though…it may almost have killed us and definitely pushed us to our limits and beyond, but it has been amazing; you have been amazing. The support that we have received has been incredible. There are not enough thank yous in the world. Thank you to our friends and family who helped paint, build, run errands, sew curtains, etc, etc, etc. Thank you to our beautiful designers for believing in us and making such luxurious and well-made products. And a big thank you to everyone that has come in and supported us and our Faid family. Seeing your excitement as you explore our space and brands is second to none. Thank you for supporting small business and Australian designers. You make it all worth it!
So, what have we learnt in the last 10 weeks?
- The first name of every Bunnings team member within a 15km radius of Faid.
- Self-care. Ugh, I know it’s something we hear all the time and most of the time it actually can make me feel guilty…because I’m soooo guilty of not doing this, but if ignored it’s definitely the thing that breaks you, so make some time for you!
- Put yourself in other people’s shoes, you might gain new insights you’d never considered.
- Communicate and bond. Nurture your relationships. It can be hard to find the time, but it makes all the difference to your mental health and understanding of each other.
- DON’T. GIVE. UP.
- People want to see you succeed – ask for help and most of the time you’ll get it. And, of course…
- Measure twice, cut once!
What are we looking forward to in 2020…
So many things; we have a very long list to get through! We’re putting on workshops and ‘Meet the Designer’ nights. We’re in the middle of Lunar New Year and Valentine’s/Galentine’s Day is fast approaching, and we also have a great giveaway pack that we’ll be launching any minute. It’s a busy time, but keep watching our Instagram for more details!!
We are also looking forward to advocating and promoting even more Australian designers. Don’t forget to come and see us in store to see who’s stocking with us!!!
All our love,